As a pet owner, you need to purchase medications, food, treats, toys, and a slew of other supplies to keep your companion happy and healthy. Occasionally, it’s difficult stocking up on necessities, especially with specialty items or prescription diets you can’t find in stores. While we do our best to stock our hospital shelves with a variety of prescription diets, treats, supplements, and medications, we cannot feasibly carry everything. But, whether you’re looking for a hard-to-find product, or simply don’t want to leave the comfort of your couch, Kennedy Heights Animal and Bird Hospital has you covered.
We’ve teamed up with myVETstore to create a personalized online store stocked with veterinary-approved products, all hand-picked by our team for their safety and efficacy. By creating a customized online store with carefully selected products, we feel comfortable recommending the store as a reputable source for your pet’s prescriptions, diets, treats, and toys, and we stand behind every item we’ve chosen to promote your pet’s well-being.
What pet care items can I purchase through myVETstore?
As the only area veterinary hospital that caters to exotic pets as well as cats and dogs, we take special care to offer necessary supplies for unique pets. Through our online store, you can purchase food, treats, grooming, and health care items for your birds, small rodents, and other pocket pets. Cats and dogs enjoy a wider range of items, including:
- Dry or canned food
- Prescription, freeze-dried, jerky, or soft treats
- Flea and tick prevention products
- Dental care products
- Litter and accessories
- Digestive health products
- Urinary health products
- Ear care products
- Vitamins and supplements
You can find almost everything you need to boost your pet’s health through our online store, except for the services, such as wellness visits, that require you to schedule an appointment at Kennedy Heights Animal and Bird Hospital. If you’re struggling to find an uncommon prescription diet, medication, or supplement, and it’s not listed on our online store, contact us for help. There’s a good chance we can special order a product, or add it to our store, to ensure your pet’s continued good health.
What benefits are offered by an online veterinary store?
More and more people are enjoying the convenience of shopping from home and switching to online shopping for the bulk of their purchases. In addition to the obvious ship-to-home option, you can perform tasks like filling your grocery list online, and having your items packed and ready for pickup, without you setting foot in the grocery store. With the advent of online pet pharmacies stocked with veterinary-approved products, shopping for your pet’s supplies is as easy as tossing an extra package of cookies into your “cart.”
When using our online store, you’ll enjoy the following perks:
- Veterinarian-approved and prescribed products — Whether you’re searching for a prescription product, such as a diet to help manage your pet’s kidney disease, or a supplement to ease joint pain, each product on our virtual shelves is hand-picked for quality, safety, and efficacy.
- Easy access — As long as you have internet access, you never have to worry about car troubles, snowstorms, or other issues standing in your way of refilling and receiving your pet’s medications, food, or treats.
- Focus on your pet’s health — During your pet’s appointment, you—and our team—want to focus solely on your companion’s health care, especially if we’re handling a complicated diagnosis and treatment plan. Rather than trying to remember if you have enough parasite preventive at home to last until your next visit, you can focus on your discussion with our veterinarian about your pet’s health, and stock up on prevention products when you return home.
- Auto-ship reminders — We’ll admit we have forgotten to give our pets their parasite preventive on time, too. With auto-ship reminders, you have no excuse for not giving your pet their heartworm, flea, and tick preventives on schedule. An alert will notify you that your pet is due, and you simply confirm your auto shipment to receive the next dose.
- Discounts — Select pet food companies offer fantastic savings when you sign up for AutoOrder. Since your pet’s food will automatically ship to your door on a regular schedule, you won’t get stuck making a last-minute run to the store when your scoop scrapes the bottom of your pet’s food bin.
- Delivery to home or hospital — Although having your pet’s essentials shipped directly to your front door is convenient, you can have them shipped to our hospital for pickup, if you prefer.
- Simple ordering — If your pet is on a compounded medication or a difficult-to-find product, ordering, shipping, and having the product in-stock when you need it can be a challenge. It’s easy to forget to call in a refill during normal business hours for your pet’s compounded prescription that takes a week to arrive, but you can order a refill any time, day or night, from our online store.
With the many benefits of shopping for veterinary-approved products from the comfort of your home, there’s no time to waste in setting up your online account. If you’re having trouble registering for myVETstore, or looking to purchase a particular product to improve your furry pal’s health, contact your Kennedy Heights Animal and Bird Hospital team.